Often people ask me what are the tangible results of agile software development?
Following is my elevator pitch :
In my experience Agile leads to :
- Happier and more satisfied Customers and End-Users due to faster turn around time and greater visibility/involvement
- Happier development team due to heavy focus on people and team.
- Greater emphasis on quality (and testing) by building it into the process rather than having it as an after thought
- Self organization and empowerment of team leads to more responsible team and greater innovation
- Very effective at handling changes in requirements, technology, people etc
- With the large number of feedback cycles at various levels, it is very effective at adapting the project progress and hence addressing project risks
Obviously there are many more points, but these come to my mind immediately.